Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How to get rid of unused products

Without having to sell on eBay or Craigslist! The only other way I could think of was maybe doing a blog sale, but that only works if you've got a gazzilion followers. Then today I read a post by All Dolled Up about a website that you can use to swap beauty products! So here's the scoop. You go to http://www.makeupalley.com and create a profile. Then you add items to your Wish List (things you want, thing you'd like to have, things you need) and add items to your Swap List (things you have around the house that you'd like to be rid of). Then you find people that have things you'd like, ask if they'd like to swap. No money exchange involved, you just have to pay to ship to them and vice versa. Seems pretty cool. I started both of my lists and within about half an hour I had an email asking if I'd like to swap! We'll see how things go but I'm optimistic.

1 comment:

ChuChulainn said...

So the first swap went fabulously well. The second one, not so much. I've been swaplifted!! UGH today sucks. Biatch deleted her profile so I can't contact her. And I'm pretty sure when she "mailed" to me with the tracking # that she put her address on both To and From. skank.

Her MUA profile WAS 'clockworktiger'

I mailed to:
Megan Fasilua
12 Bexley Road
Roslindale, MA 02131

What I should have done before my very first swap was also apply for membership on SwapTawk, to make sure she wasn't on there as a swaplifter. I asked for membership today, so we'll see about any future swappers. I have 1 I'm supposed to mail out tomorrow but now I'm scared. Whore stole a once used MAC paint pot. NOT cool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...