Monday, August 3, 2009

Slow Cooker Recipe - Garlic Chicken

This is a recipe that I originally got from a blog called "A Year of Slow Cooking" (which I think is such a great idea!) and was really thankful to have when I first bought my slow cooker and didn't have any recipes. The first time I tried it I mostly followed her super easy instructions, but I got tired after peeling 31 garlic cloves, so I didn't make it to 40. Plus my boyfriend doesn't like onions, so I didn't use those. The second time I tried it with drumsticks instead of chicken breasts and we loved it even more!

So here are my 2 variations of Stephanie's recipe that I use:

31 Clove Garlic Chicken Breasts:
2.4 lbs chicken breasts (which is 2 packets from Costco)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp pepper
31 garlic cloves
Low heat setting for 6 hrs

24 Clove Garlic Chicken Drumsticks:
1.5 lbs drumsticks
3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp pepper
24 garlic cloves
Low heat setting for 4 hrs

Make sure to click on the links to her recipe to get all the details on what to do. Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...