Sunday, October 24, 2010

August 23, 2010: Mission: FitBitch: Week 1

Week 1 Progress (July 27 - August 7):

In the new regime for the next 8 weeks there is no eating of the cheese (I'm addicted), no drinking of the wine or beer (I quit mixed cocktails already a couple years ago), and no eating out. I'm also monitoring my water intake to make sure I drink at least 8 cups of water per day. I should mention that I don't drink soda or juices either, I've always just stuck to water. 

Not only will these changes help with my fitness goals, it will also help prevent my chronic kidney stone episodes. There isn't a lot of research on what causes kidney stones and how to prevent them, but one recommendation is a fresh balanced diet, so I started making those changes a couple years ago and I've been stone free for at least a year! So I figure it can't hurt.

Each day my calorie intake goal is 1100-1200. This is based on my age, gender, current weight, height, and my desk job - with the intent to lose weight (I used a few calorie calculators online to make sure they each told me the same thing). Now since I plan to incorporate cardio into my routine, I can of course add an extra 100-200 calories a day depending on how much I run. Let's not kid ourselves here, I just wasn't made to starve myself.

So in my first week (plus 3 days from the previous week, since I started in the middle and want to track Sunday through Saturday) I LOST FIVE POUNDS!!!  I ate my 1200 calories a day and drank all my water.  I also ran 10 miles this week (which is insane considering how long its been!)

I feel amazing, I'm beyond motivated for next week. I know I won't be losing that much again next week since I'm not on the Biggest Loser show or anything, but I know I'm already making progress so I'm quite pleased.

from Google images

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...