Monday, January 18, 2010

I'ma be a SnowBunny!

This past Saturday I put together a girls trip to Big Bear Lake to go snowboarding. On the way we picked up our personal guide/instructor Jimmy (yes, he's a boy, but it wouldn't have been as good without him). Last season I finally learned how to board and only went 2 1/2 days.

So this is my 2nd season and I want more! My next challenge is to be able to go straight/vertical down the hill, whilst being in control, and then J curve (b/c I'm goofy foot) back out of it to a standing stop. Jimmy says once I can master that I'll be able to learn a C curve to ride toeside. YAY me I can't wait!! Here are some pix from the day:

Julie and I


Me and Jen - we forgot to wear our Charger jerseys :^( But we still wore blue haha


Me and Cara on the lift for Summit Run


Julie shreddin da gnar on her very first day to the snow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Im goofy too! :) Good on you, sounds like you did really well! Aw my gosh, that sounds amazing. My boyfriend has showed me pics online of yellowstone before and its just jaw dropping. I think a trip to the U.S is in order next year when david and me arent students anymore and are actually earning a proper income :) xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...