Sunday, September 27, 2009

Working Girls Guide to A Mini Mani

I don't know about you but I don't have as much time as I'd like to get regular manicures. So this means that I mostly do my own nails and maybe once or twice a year I make it to the nail salon. In my purse I keep a nail file (I get the $0.99 ones, usually Target of CVS Pharmacy) and the Sally Hansen Cuticle Pen (any cuticle oil pen should work). 


When I have a conference call in which I don't need to take notes (or pay terribly close attention), this is how I give myself a mini mani:
  • Bust out your file and give your nails a quick soft file, to clean them up and keep them fresh.
  • I then rub the tops and edges all along my jeans as my 'buffer' almost like I'm sctratching my legs. One time I wasn't wearing jeans I used my paper lunch bag. This 'buffing' gets all that extra flake off so you can see the shape of your nails and keep filing at will.
  • Then I use my cuticle pen (shown above) and paint a u-shape around my cuticles. No need to be precise here. Then I sort of use any excess to paint on top of my nail for good measure (I don't know if this actually helps any, but I do it anyway).
  • Repeat on other hand
  • I typically leave it for a while so the oils can get all nice and soaked in
  • Wash hands with soap and water (hopefully your work has a restroom for this).
  • One coat of Sally Hansen Max Support polish (or any quick dry topcoat you have).


Et voila! Mini Mani complete.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...